- Begin your day with 15 minutes of sunlight, regardless of the season. This creates a lightness to your being and keeps it in good health, especially as vitamin D is important to maintain strong bone structure.
- Using a copper or stainless-steel scraper, scrap your tongue first thing in the morning, roughly 20 times (rinsing the scraper every few motions). Overnight the body detoxifies through the mouth, so it’s best to rinse that gunk first thing.
- Next put a teaspoon of coconut oil in your mouth and swish for 10-20 mins. Oil pulling is additionally a fantastic way to remove toxins from the mouth which accumulated during our sleep. It also naturally whitens and strengthens your teeth.
- Dry Body Brushing before bathing is a fantastic way to nourish our bodies. It stimulates lymphatic flow, increases blood circulation, strengthens the immune system, helps reduce cellulite, increases energy and improves digestion by aiding in the detoxification process. Start at your limbs and use small sweeping strokes towards your heart, finishing with a clockwise motion around your belly.
- Drinking ginger tea during the daytime is an excellent way of stoking the digestive fire. It boosts immunity, relieves nausea, reduces inflammation and improves blood circulation, among many other things. Ginger root is an excellent remedy for so many imbalances in the body and we recommend drinking it daily.
- Allowing nature to hold you is the definition of yin. Ocean swimming (whenever possible) is such a simple but effective way of maintaining a healthy flow through life. The elements of salt and water activate the body's healing mechanisms and floating on the water’s surface is a reminder of the magic that carries us through the river of life.
- Modern lifestyle has separated us from having direct contact with the Earth. Earth charging or earthing is to simply place your bare feet on the ground and soak up all the positive electrons floating on the surface. This method has similar benefits to ocean swimming, it’s literally plugging into a battery to recharge, regulating the body through groundig.
We hope these tips are beneficial for you. May we water our inner gardens with self-care.