Head of Accounting & Bookkeeper
26th March, 2021
Location: Torquay, VIC, Australia
Job Type: Full-Time employee with flexible hours
Detail: This is not a remote job. Required to be working at least 3 days a week from our Office HQ in Torquay, VIC, Australia
We are looking for a driven and responsible person to take the role of Head of Accounting responsible for managing the financial activities of Indigo Luna Store within Australia and our connections overseas.
What does the role involve?
You will be responsible for managing the financial activities of Indigo Luna.
- Preparing financial reports, manage accounts and annual financial statements.
- Work with our Tax accountants in Australia and Indonesia to ensure all of our financial regulatory and tax obligations are met.
- Drive and enable the execution of financial objectives.
- Managing all accounts payable.
- Manage all of our FX (Foreign Exchange) payments
- Preparation of Monthly BAS statements
- Cash Flow Forecasting, ensuring it is accurate and up to date weekly, planning cash flow 6-12 months in advance.
- Preparing monthly financial reporting for the board and wider team
- Financial Strategy
- Working with Operations and Stock Managers to ensure cash flow meets our stock purchasing plan.
- Working with Marketing Manager to ensure our marketing budget is appropriate and meeting financial goals.
- Managing our Xero platform including staff pays and superannuation payments as well as daily account reconciliation.
- Looking over all accounts, paying invoices and following up wholesale accounts.
- Manage financial risk and implement controls across the business
- Contribute towards the leadership team discussions about sustainably growing the brand.
What kind of person are we looking for?
We are looking for a responsible and positive person who resonates with our sustainable and slow fashion values and believes in our products and vision. Someone that is looking to work in a young, vibrant and growing business.
- Ability to work in a quick paced/agile environment and within a growing company.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a retail, consumer goods product.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Amazing financial literacy skills
- Ability to design, create and deliver budgets, forecasting and reports
- Ability to grow our financial operations as our company grows
- Experience working with international operations specifically within the eCommerce/retail trade.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of excellence, achievement and drive
What can we offer?
A new position with room to grow in a small, sustainable and growing business that is trying to make the world a better place.
- Competitive salary - based on experience
- Opportunity to work in a fast growing/international business
We are looking for the perfect candidate to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please send your
Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with subject line 'Head of Accounting'